Monday, May 23, 2011

My Voice

   I was very happy to learn a few things about Afro-American culture today. I felt enriched by the conversation and am thankful to Michael for speaking to us about the topic.

   Obviously I was quite irritated by the comments made about kilts. It's funny that people who know very little about a subject seem to be the first ones to comment on it. I think he( I don't know his name) needs to go put a kilt on and get over himself. I am also not Scottish. I am German, Irish and English. I choose to wear a black kilt not only because it is my favorite color or lack thereof, but black, if I am not mistaken, is one of the 3 colors on the German flag(I am mostly German). The Utilikilts brand of kilts allow people like myself, who are not Scottish, to wear kilts and have fun in them.

   Overall it was actually a fairly productive conversation. Too bad we didn't get out early.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment